Monday, March 8, 2010

BADASS VICTORY THEME!!!

I thought for sure if there was ever a speed-bump on the way up to the sky, it would be this game. The Timberwolves have played much better than they have any right to against Dallas, and right now we're the walking wounded (again). Jet Terry's out with a cracked eye socket, Dampier's still working on his finger, and Brendan Haywood's been out with a bad back.

Nope. Now as a game it was so stuffed full of 'bawful that I'm expecting McHale to give it its own Worst of the Night entry (title it The Neverending Quarter), but the Mavs got out of it with the win. However, we took casualties. JJ's toe caught the floor and his ankle folded up. He had to leave the game immediately. No word yet on how bad it is.

But-- twelve straight! Two and a half out of first place! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

And something else. I was at the watch party up in Lewisville tonight -- Dallasbasketball.com and the Frisco D-League Blue Crew teaming up for funzies. Had to wait forever for a seat, because the place was packed and my happy fat ass doesn't fit in their booths. Mike Fisher saw me waiting and kindly invited me to shoehorn in with his family and friends. Later, he called me over for a conversation. Situation developing, more to come later. If it works out, much yay.
-BJ

PS: Whenever I go to a watch party, I keep looking around and thinking, "I thought you'd be taller." Shrug.

No comments: