Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Game 3, Dallas Mavericks host Cleveland Cavaliers

Theme: (I'd hoped not to use this) Mindless Self Indulgence, "Stupid MF"
Game info: Please don't look

I've clung, suction cup Garfield like, to the idea that my Mavs are not outclassed at this table. That ideal -- illusion would probably be the more accurate word -- took a major hit last night. We were pwned at damn near every stage. It hurt somewhere in the belly when the Mavs struck the colors with 04:30 left. LeBron had 29 points . . . and according to one stats geek or another, that's an afterthought.

I don't want to go over this game, and I'm seriously considering burning the tape. I'll probably want it later though; when I'm in a "before turning the gun on herself" mood. On the way out of the AAC I felt like a parent facing down their rotten kid. I don't want to look at you, I don't want to talk to you, I don't even wanna think about you for the next twelve hours! Maybe then we can discuss this rationally.

It's been that and a few extra, and I think I can be rational. For small stretches, anyway.

Let's discuss rebounding. Or more precisely, the lack of it. Why aren't you guys after that damn ball every time it hits anything other than nylon? The platitudes all over the walls last year no doubt grated, but that doesn't make them not true. Let's see, free throw accuracy still an issue, not doing a good job of protecting the ball, and what is up with not hitting threes? Our go-to guy is one of the best three shooters in the league, for God's sake.

I posited a few weeks ago that the Mavs could still win even if the Bad Guys successfully shut down Dirk. That's another idea I need to revise. It hurts my heart to have to admit this; Dirk was crap last night. And the team is not capable of taking on the true comers without him.

And frustration aside, is there something else the matter? I saw him leave the arena for a while sometime in the first half -- dude what's wrong?

Ima go cry now.

Offense Sells Tickets
Defense Wins Games
Rebounding Wins Titles
Ball Don't Lie


Final:100-81, Cavaliers
-BJ

No comments: